Visibility on Assignment Activities in Calendar

Visibility on Assignment Activities in Calendar

by Kim Ford -
Number of replies: 0

v. 3.3 on MoodleCloud.

We are trying to understand how/when assignments/activities show up on the calendar or discover a better way for non-students to see activities that they are interested in.

One the Site Home page of a non-customized Moodle install, there is a calendar in the Nav menu. 

All of my students can see assignments created in the courses that they have been enrolled into as students on this calendar.

Other user roles, such as admin, manager, teacher, non-editing teacher cannot see these assignments when they view this calendar.

I can guess at the reasoning for this, in that one’s calendar could get plenty polluted if one were enrolled in too many courses and had visibility on too many assignments.

That said, we still would like for potentially other users to be able to see some assignments in the calendar. 

For example, we’d like a TA (i.e. non-editing teacher) to see assignments in the calendar so that they can plan around them.  Same with teachers…

We’ve tried adding student roles to TAs and teachers, but that has no affect on what shows up in their view of calendar.  We’ve also scoured for docs that describe how calendar permissions work with regard to assignment/activity visibility in the calendar and have come up with bupkis.

Is this a feature that can be turned on for non-students, and if so, how?  Otherwise, how can non-student users utilize any calendar to keep track of coursework w/o having to resort to double-entry of course info that already exists?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Attachment moodle_calendar.jpg
Average of ratings: -