calendar_get_upcoming() Error Moodle 3.4

Re: calendar_get_upcoming() Error Moodle 3.4

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

You should do what Gareth suggested, and get back to the people who made this theme in the first place. 

It is obvious that your theme is not compatible with Moodle 3.4 so you need to stress this when you contact the suppliers of your theme.

Sorry, we are not able to help you in these circumstance.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Peter Wachmann -

He *is* the developer! wink

In reply to Peter Wachmann

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In that case...

Dear Mark,

Look at the depreciation notice, find the code i.e. "block_calendar_upcoming::get_content()" being the 'get_content()' method in the 'block_calendar_upcoming' class, look at the comment and follow its instruction that tells you what to change.

Gareth

In reply to Peter Wachmann

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Gareth is not the developer of the EduTech theme which is the theme code you asked about in this discussion!

function edutech_upcoming_moodle_eventname() {

Can you please explain why you assumed that?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mary,

I think that Peter means that Mark is the developer of the Edutech theme.

G

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mary Evans -

oops...did someone else write that post?

I thought it was the OP...LOL

If Mark is the Dev of EduTech then does that mean he works for or owns Theme Forest because that is one of their themes!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mark Brand -

Hello Mary,Gareth and Peter,

Thank you all for your reply.I am not a developer of Edutech theme.Only user of this theme smile.I like this theme so much, Theme made by CmsBrand on theme forest.

Again,

Thank you all

In reply to Mark Brand

by Peter Wachmann -

Hi Mark,

I once contacted the developer at theme forest because I had a question about the theme. He said that my question is a Moodle specific question and that he opened a thread at the Moodle forum for me where the community should answer my question.

This thread was opened with your account, so I assumed that you are the developer which I contacted. Maybe you should change your password... ;)