Tasks for Teachers for Students

Tasks for Teachers for Students

by Vin Sap -
Number of replies: 3

We are trying to leverage Moodle as an on-boarding solution. Are there methods or any plugins that give teachers or mentors/mentees tasks to complete for each student?

For an example, a new student joins a course and has their activities laid out. Can the instructor have tasks to complete for this user such as contacting them for a meeting, order them a laptop, etc.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vin Sap

Re: Tasks for Teachers for Students

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

How about https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_checklist ?  You may have some fun and games getting permissions set in a suitable way. Perhaps have a mentors group and only show the checklist to them.

Congratulations on winning this week's buzzword bingo competition for that first sentence by the way big grin

In reply to Howard Miller

by Vin Sap -

This is what i looked at but wasnt sure how I would approach this. Perhaps a separate course for just instructors?

For the buzzword, has on boarding become a huge buzzword here?

In reply to Vin Sap

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That would be even easier. 

No it hasn't... thankfully big grin   It was more the combination of 'leverage', 'onboarding' and 'solution' - a business jargon tour-de-force. Don't worry. I'm just messin'