Changing role in Cohort enrollment is not deleting previously selected role

Changing role in Cohort enrollment is not deleting previously selected role

by Yusuf Yilmaz -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

I think I might find a bug in cohort sync enrollment type. When I add cohort sync enrollment to a course with a role of student, I can assign the student role for all of the cohort members ( I accidentally chose student rather than a teacher) . However, when I go to managing enrollment methods of the course and hit the edit gear button for the cohort sync enrollment and change the "assign role" from student to teacher, the cohort members are added to teacher role and kept the previously added student role. I cannot manually delete student role since the role was added by a cohort sync enrollment method. 

Only workaround that I can find so far is to delete cohort sync enrollment and add new instance for the same cohort with the desired role. But if the cohort members are done some activities in the course, this can be problematic. So I hope you have better solution for the situation.

Cheers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yusuf Yilmaz

Re: Changing role in Cohort enrollment is not deleting previously selected role

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Yusuf!

Thanks for reporting this bug that you found, with nice clear steps to reproduce it.

I just created a tracker issue and I'm just noting the number here - MDL-60799 - to encourage others to vote for the issue to be fixed (as the number of votes helps determine development priorities). Also, it's possible that a developer in the community notices the issue and decides to provide a patch to fix it.

Please, don't forget to watch the issue to get updates wink

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

Re: Changing role in Cohort enrollment is not deleting previously selected role

by Yusuf Yilmaz -

Sara you are awsome. Thank you very much for your support. I have voted and started to watch issue. Bests