Statistics of each question attempted in a quiz

Statistics of each question attempted in a quiz

by Muhammad Umair Gillani -
Number of replies: 5

I need help to get a mysql query. (Moodle version 2.7)

I m stuck in find a way to get statistics of each question attempted in a quiz, e.g. Suppose the question is :

"Rate your previous lecture" and following are the options :

A- 5

B- 4

C- 3

D- 2

E - 1

i want to get stats like question is "Rate your previous lecture" and how many have selected each options let's say "A" is selected by 10, "B" is selected by 3 and so on...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Muhammad Umair Gillani

Re: Statistics of each question attempted in a quiz

by Ken Masters -

I can't help you with the sql query, but it seems no-one can, either.  So, if you need to find these totals, then it can be done through Moodle's statistics.  Not as neat as using sql, but still possible.

In reply to Ken Masters

but still possible?

Can you guide me to right path?

In reply to Muhammad Umair Gillani

by Ken Masters -

Essentially, you're looking for something called "Item analysis".  Because I'm using 3.1, I can remember 1, but not really Ver. 2 (our institution had it for only a very short time), so, if I give you 1 and 3, you might be in the ball park with Ver. 2.

Ver. 1

Working from memory, it was still correctly called Item Analysis in Ver 1, but then it changed (not sure if that change happened in 2 or 3).

• From the standard view of your course, click on your quiz.
  • Click on the Results tab.
  • Just below the tabs, there's a link reading Item Analysis.
  • When you click on that, it will show you a listing of all your questions and which answer was attempted how many times.

From Ver. 3.x (and Ver 2.x ???) it's a little more hidden

• From the standard view of your course, click on the Quiz.
  • From the Quiz Administration, click on Results.
  • From the sub-set of Results, click on Statistics.
  • It may take a little while to generate the page, depending on how big the Quiz is.  When it is finished, it will list all the basic descriptive statistics, and then also list each question.  Across the page, it will list basic statistics.
  • To get to more details about a question, click on the question name.  (Actually, I Scrollwheel-click, so that the information for each question opens in a new tab).
  • You will then see number of attempts, and number of each choice for that question.
  • You need to do that Scrollwheel click for each question.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

In reply to Ken Masters

Thanks for your time and reply, but i am looking to get that item analysis manually to play with that.

Thanks alot. smile