Problems submitting quiz attempts online after setting up offline attempts

Problems submitting quiz attempts online after setting up offline attempts

by Freddie Gay -
Number of replies: 3

I just set up offline attempts on various quiz questions in a course. However, now when attempting quiz online and submitting answers I am frequently getting the following error message after submitting the quiz attempt:

"moodle for mobile attempt unfinished because some offline answers were discarded. Please review your answers and then resubmit the attempt"

Any ideas what is happening and how to fix?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Freddie Gay

Re: Problems submitting quiz attempts online after setting up offline attempts

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Freddie,

I took a look to the app code and I found this:

// Online question not found, it can happen for 2 reasons:
                // 1- It's a sequential quiz and the question is in a page already passed.
                // 2- Quiz layout  has changed (shouldn't happen since it's blocked if there are attempts).

Do you know of 1 or 2 happened in your case?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Freddie Gay -

Hi Juan

Actually it happens regardless of whether the quiz navigation is in sequential or free mode and happens consistently in both the lesson and quiz modules. I've had to abandon using offline mode as a result.

There were no changes to quiz layout when I was trying it out.

In reply to Freddie Gay

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Freddie,

sorry for the delay in answering. Can you send us a test user in your site so we can take a look? If it's possible, send us your Moodle URL, username and password to mobile@moodle.com. Also, please include some instructions on how to reproduce the problem.

Kind regards,

Dani