Course overview: Issues with video embed from summary.

Course overview: Issues with video embed from summary.

by Fred Tobun -
Number of replies: 3

Hello all,

So I recently upgraded to moodle 3.3.2. Part of this upgrade included the use of the new course overview tab, which is working well. However I am having problems with courses which include a video within the course summary.

Once the user logs in, the course overview presents how far they have progressed with the course however does not render the video just shows the url. I am not having this problem on mobile, just desktop. Any thoughts! See below.

course overview

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fred Tobun

Re: Course overview: Issues with video embed from summary.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. I think this is deliberate actually in that only plain text is used for the course overview block. There is a discussion relating to this in the tracker issue from last year: MDL-58644

Are you saying that on the mobile app, the videos do display?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Fred Tobun -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes! It displays as it should in the mobile app. Also the course summary isn't a text area but actually comprises the editor so all features are available.

Regards,

Frederick 

In reply to Fred Tobun

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'll check out the mobile app display in the UK morning. As I understand it from that tracker issue, although the course summary does have a rich text editor allowing for images, media (and these will display on the front page course list) when you look at the course overview in the centre of the dashboard, that display is plain text and hence you don't see images or videos, and that was a deliberate decision.