Groups in Workshop

Re: Groups in Workshop

by Mikael Kurula -
Number of replies: 3

Thanks for considering the suggestions, and more generally teams in Workshop! By looking at the links to the tracker, I realized that groups in Workshop is a very recent development. I think that the Workshop module offers many opportunities to enhance learning, so it is surely valuable work.

I can appreciate that the module is complex and my use case specific.

In fact I had seen the documentation that you linked, but it didn't seem to describe how different group options function in the workshop.

In reply to Mikael Kurula

by Mikael Kurula -

Hi,

I now bumped into this same issue again in another course. It is quite a pain for me to have to start feeding half of the grades into the grade book manually. Otherwise I'm very happy with the pedagogical benefits of peer-evaluated reports in applied maths courses.

Is there any hope to at least get the grade of the group's commonly submitted report to be entered automatically in the grade books of all group members within a foreseeable future. It would save the teacher from a lot of tedious work and it should be simple enough to implement?

Thanks a lot in any case!

In reply to Mikael Kurula

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes, such a feature is on Workshop's roadmap. Meanwhile, voting for MDL-35594 will help us to advocate for putting this higher in the queue of features waiting to be developed.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Mikael Kurula -

Thanks, I now voted. But I don't understand why the priority of the issue "minor". In my case, the workshop module is presently barely useable with groups/teams, and I cannot be the only teacher handing out exercises that are to be reported in groups.

I was hoping it would be possible to implement just the grade feature quicker than the complete solution. There is probably no major problem with the students going through the evaluations together.