New custom login page for Fordson in the works!

New custom login page for Fordson in the works!

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am working on a custom homepage so you can safely force everyone to login but still customize the login page.  So far I have 4 icon marketing spots and 3 featured content areas. 

The login box is completely customized and has a custom image you can upload and display across the top.  It includes error messages and everything the default login page contains.

Each featured content item includes a textbox and image.  

The icons and text are all customizable as well.

This is the initial functional display.  I still have a lot of styling to make it look good.  

You can even turn this off and just use the default login page.  

Attachment Moodle 33 Dev  Log in to the site.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: New custom login page for Fordson in the works!

by Kenneth Doory -

Chris, thank you for all your work on the Fordson Theme.  Quick question:

Is there an option to just have a background image on the login page?  I'm having issues with only half of my image showing up.

Thank you.

Attachment Screen-Shot-2018-03-30-at-2.55.56-PM.png

by Adriana Marichal -

Hello!,

I've installed Moodle 3.6 and the last version of Fordson theme.

I´ve an error in login page. 

Can you help me please?

Thanks 

Attachment error.png
In reply to Adriana Marichal

by Chris Kenniburg -

Clear your cache and make sure you are using the latest version for Moodle 3.6.  This issue appears when you upgrade or are using an older version of the Moodle theme.  Clear Moodle cache and that should fix it if you are using the proper version.  If not, I need to know exactly what version it says in your site admin area.

by Chris Swinney -

Hi Chris,

With regard to the custom login page, is there any way to get you own icons to be displayed? We have our own iconography that we would like to continue to use.

You have a seperate marketing options, unfortunately, a normal size icon file (say 96x96) is stretched and distorted, otherwise it would be good to be able to display this on the login page too (but ideally with the choice to display in 4 or 5 wide, not just 3). 

Not sure if it make any difference, but I am using Moodle 3.6, and the FOrson theme to go with that. 

In reply to Chris Swinney

by Chris Swinney -

I also just realised that there are no links that can be applied to the icons on the login front page sad. Our intention for these it to direct users to other website areas, such as Documentation, Support, Forums, Downloads etc. 

In addition, the main site Logo is not appearing centred in the Login box. 

In reply to Chris Swinney

by Chris Kenniburg -

For the link you can add it in the textbox and can even copy code to style the button so it appears like all the other buttons using Bootstrap.  

example:  

<a href="linktosomewhere" class="btn btn-secondary" title="Linked title">Let's Get Started</a>

This will generate a button

Let's Get Started

by Chris Swinney -

Thanks Chris, this is a good start. Ideally, I think that whole area (the icon, the title and the description) would be great it is clickable as a single unit

My first attempt was to put the entire description in the link, but of course the description field no longer wraps and the button extends under the other icons.