config table doesn't contaion version - but it does! (Moodle 3.1.1+)

config table doesn't contaion version - but it does! (Moodle 3.1.1+)

by v k -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

After migrating Moodle (3.1.1+) to another server, I'm facing this error attempting to open the site:

• Config table does not contain version, can not continue, sorry.
  • Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: block_manager has not yet loaded the blocks, to it is too soon to request the information you asked for.

But I checked and there is 'version' in the 'config' table. And its value is equal to one in moodledir/version.php file.

So this thread did not help: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=187555

What about 'block_manager has not yet loaded the blocks, to it is too soon to request the information you asked for.' ? How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to v k

Re: config table doesn't contaion version - but it does! (Moodle 3.1.1+)

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If you migrated a site that means you transferred all the code to the new server, that right?   If so, check in moodlecode/blocks/ to see if all blocks transferred ... and/or check permissions/ownerships on all directories/files contained in moodlecode/blocks/

The 'version' which is being referenced could be a block that is missing the version.php file in it's directory.

All blocks now have a version.php file.

Got command line?   if so, cd /pathto/moodlecode/blocks/

Then issue:

fgrep 'plugin->version' ./*/version.php

should show something for every directory in blocks.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to v k

Re: config table doesn't contaion version - but it does! (Moodle 3.1.1+)

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

I had that once... Turned out that the PHP config on the new server was slightly different to the PHP config on the old server. So, check your server setup. The php.ini files on both servers should be the same (since this is a migration and not an upgrade).

Also, check that your Apache (or IIS) config is the same on the new server.

Also, make sure ALL the Moodle files were correctly copied across to the new server.

Lastly, check your Moodledata folder permissions too. Make sure the Apache/IIS User has full read/write access to the Moodledata folder.