I'm About to Dump Moodle - Advance Forum

I'm About to Dump Moodle - Advance Forum

by C CRF -
Number of replies: 4

I have a problem with Advance Forum.  I've asked a question on its discussion board, to the developers, and on the general forum weeks ago.   No a single replay or offer of help.   I would rather pay for a LMS with support than getting one for free and no support.   

Sorry to say I am starting to look for an alternative today.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to C CRF

Re: I'm About to Dump Moodle - Advance Forum

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Dear Const, 

I looked at your post and had absolutely no clue where to begin helping you because you didn't tell us anything about your version of moodle, how it was installed, what had recently changed to create this error, etc.  When one is seeking free support, the posting person should do their best to describe their environment.

Of course, I still have no clue so I still can't help with that post.  I thought that I would let you know that you can purchase any LMS with support, even Moodle.  Are you using a Moodle Partner for your moodle, and if so, have you asked them for help?

In reply to C CRF

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just to clarify: the Advanced forum is not a standard Moodle activity; it is a plugin. There is excellent support -free and paid for - on this site and by Moodle partners. Have you tried our contact page on Moodle.com to be put in touch with a partner assuming you haven't had a reply on these forums?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Ah, I didn't think about the Advanced Forum being a plugin.  Could be the reason for the error that Const is getting.  Maybe this plugin doesn't work with his current (upgraded) moodle.

Sorry that we are getting off topic, but this seems to be the place where Const might visit.  Also, it's about as far as I can go with helping him on his forum issue because I don't use the Advanced Forum plugin. (I will be quiet.)

Const, I am not trying to persuade you from dumping moodle, it is your choice.  I am just pointing out that you can pay for moodle support just like you can pay for other LMS support.  If your choice of LMS is influenced by cost, you should compare costs.  Remember to compare features, especially those most important to you, also.  

In reply to Rick Jerz

by C CRF -

Thanks to both of you for the advice.  I will contact Moodle.com as suggested.

Also, am using Moodle 3.1.8 and Advance Forum 3.1.3.