Not multi-tenancy, but multi-site (multi-organisation) Moodle

Re: Not multi-tenancy, but multi-site (multi-organisation) Moodle

by Dom F -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Mary

Thanks. I wonder if I have misexplained, or been confusing.

I read that link and it mentions "  Publish as LTI tool enrolment plugin and LTI authentication plugin allow remote users on a different site to access selected courses and activities on your site. When these users access an activity on your site, they need an account on your site and they need to be enrolled in the course containing the activity. Thus, an enrolment plugin AND an authentication plugin are required for LTI tool provider functionality."

I am unclear abotu this (as its a brand new concept) but I dont see how LTI is anything other than some sort of log in layer that points users to a very specific course or topic? That can be done surely just with roles/permissions enrollment for example?

As I say perhaps I misunderstood. What I need is for the same 9 courses to be used by very large numbers of schools, but in a manner whereby those schools interact with the courses as if they and the three classes in that school that have access would use and see the resources as if they were the only ones in the world that had access.

Does that help, or make things even more confusing.

Out another way, one COULD use separate and invisible groups yes, for the same courses. But the groups process requires teachers and users (or at least admins) to click on drop-down combi boxes with enormous lists of groups (often a thousand items)

I helps that helps clarify? Or is it that this is exactly what LTI does and I am just being too thick to know? sad