Behavior changed; non-anonymous now overwrites previous

Behavior changed; non-anonymous now overwrites previous

by Ryan B -
Number of replies: 2
I was using the Feedback activity last year with Moodle 3.2 in a speech class. I set it up so students could submit multiple feedbacks (non-anonymous), and I was using it so that they could evaluate the other students' speeches. This worked flawlessly. I got all the submissions, downloaded them to Excel, and could go through them. I could then give students points for the evaluations.

This year I've upgraded to Moodle 3.3 and used the same Feedback activity: multiple submissions and non-anonymous. Now it seems that each submission overwrites the previous submission.

Why was this changed?
And more importantly: What can I do now that this no longer works? It doesn't appear that there is any other activity that makes this type of activity possible.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan B

Re: Behavior changed; non-anonymous now overwrites previous

by Chad Bergeron -

Ryan,

As far as I can recall, non-anonymous feedbacks have always overwritten the last one entered by the person. I've gotten around this in the past by setting them to be anonymous and then having a field where the person enters their name.

You could also try the Workshop activity for peer assessment, or use the Questionnaire plugin which explicitly includes this feature.

In reply to Chad Bergeron

Re: Behavior changed; non-anonymous now overwrites previous

by Ryan B -

Chad,

Thanks! I'll look into the Workshop or Questionnaire (or modifying the Feedback so they fill out their own names). However, I definitely did use this one year ago on Moodle 3.2. I've compared the two assignments from the two courses, and they are exactly the same in every aspect except for the students registered. The old one has ALL the responses but this new one only has the latest, so something definitely changed.

Cheers!