Unenroll and enroll

Unenroll and enroll

by Nanda Yuvaraj -
Number of replies: 11

Am using moodle for k12. I have grouped my students in each grade according to section ( a to f) 

If in case i want to move a student from group a to group b for all the courses( english, science, math.... Etc)  hes enrolled into,  whats the way to do it? 

Right now am just unenrolling and reenrolling him in each course. 

Is there a way to do it in csv way? 

For each month iiiwill have 5-10 users for whom section needs to be changed. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nanda Yuvaraj

Re: Unenroll and enroll

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am presuming that you are not actually talking about groups which is a way to separate students within a course but actually have separate courses for each grade.

What you should really do is set your students up in separate cohorts for each grade and then use cohort enrolment in the courses.  That way, when a student switches, you just switch their cohort and they will then be enrolled automatically in all the correct courses.  There is lots of documentation on cohort enrolment.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Nanda Yuvaraj -

Actually its the groups in courses. My structure is like this. 

Grade 1( category)-> english( course)- group a section, group b section 

Is there any way for this? 

Something like cohort group enrollment? 

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Oh ok.  Then you are in luck - I actually financed the autogroup plugin which will allow to automatically create and update groups based on a field.  If you set one of the searchable fields to the grade level, the plugin will do the rest.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Nanda Yuvaraj -

Thats nice :D 
Will it work for existing courses also?  

Because  I actually tried it but it didnt work for existing courses.. I couldnt find any documentation also for the same.

by Nanda Yuvaraj -

These are the settings of my plugin. I have given them in Department. IT looks like its not working

Attachment 1.GIF
Attachment 2.GIF

by Emma Richardson -

Select strict enforcement, add to new and restored courses.

Then in each course, you have to enable it under Course Admin/Users/groups/autogroup

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Nanda Yuvaraj -

Thanks for the reply Emma, but i do not have any Auto group in the Groups of courses. Am i missing something? sad 

Attachment 1.GIF

by Emma Richardson -

Should be under the menu, not on the groups page...did you enable the plugin?

by Nanda Yuvaraj -

Its not there in the menu sad
Yea I enabled it.
Anything else to check?

by Emma Richardson -

Try the attached version.  That issue showed up and I got it fixed but possibly the plugins database did not get updated.