End of Lesson Page Buttons/Links

End of Lesson Page Buttons/Links

by Morag Hughson -
Number of replies: 3

I recently came across this page in the moodle docs, which describes the End of Lesson page. [I was trying to figure out how to edit the page, but this doc page appears to answer that question for me - you can't!]

This page shows the following image of exactly such a page.

End of Lesson page

This page looks rather different to what I see on my End of Lesson pages. I turn off the grade-book so I don't see those bits, BUT more importantly, I don't see buttons, I just see links, and not only that the links are butting up against each other so the two strings run into one another which just looks a bit unsightly.

My end of lesson page

The reason I was hoping to edit this page was because one student was confused by it not knowing what to do next, and I thought I could add some text to say to click on the link below, but if they were buttons, I think that would do the trick too. I think it would make it more obvious what they should do next.

So my question is, how do I make my end of lesson page look like the example in the docs - i.e. how do I have buttons instead of badly positioned links?

I am using Moodle 3.3 on MoodleCloud.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Morag Hughson

Re: End of Lesson Page Buttons/Links

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think the view you have on your MoodleCloud site is the current view with that theme - the screenshot is rather old from very old documentation. Here is the link to the current lesson documentation: Lesson activity I think in the settings you have got "link to next activity" and have specified an activity to go to next - and that doesn't seem to be displaying very well. What if you turn off the link to the next activity - does that make it display better? And note that with Moodle 3.4, links to go forward and backwards are available under each activity anyway, so that might make it easier for your student to navigate. Your MoodleCloud site should be on 3.4 within the next day or two if not already.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Morag Hughson -

Hi Mary,

Thanks so much for responding. I was getting worried that no-one had seen this question sad

I have indeed got "link to next activity" set. If I turn it off, I am left with only one link, the "Return to ..." link. It is still a link, and doesn't turn into a button if I remove the "link to next activity". Also, removing that setting means the student doesn't have the link to the next thing they have to do which is what I need there.

I am actually on MoodleCloud 3.4 now - upgraded today. Unfortunately the new navigation is much too invasive. I need to turn it off (hence my newest question) and the students shouldn't be jumping around the place. But that's a different question.

But, to address this particular problem, I think it must be a bug that there is no space between the two links? What do you think? Alternatively, if they were meant to be shown as buttons, and that CSS has gone missing somehow, then perhaps that is the problem, and the missing space wouldn't then matter? Can you say what it is *meant* to look like? Were the buttons shown in the older documentation deliberately removed? Is it *meant* to look like links now?

In reply to Morag Hughson

by Beth Jones -

I am having this same issue. I cannot find any way to edit this page and I am getting links only with no buttons. It is very hard for students to navigate and figure out what they are supposed to click and generally looks like no CSS or other formatting is applied.