SCORM completion tickbox

SCORM completion tickbox

by Samke Dlamini -
Number of replies: 3

Good day.

My users go and complete the module but the completion tick box doesn't get ticked. Please advise. The scripting is "Tick completion box when conditions are met". The condition is that when you have completed the module.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Samke Dlamini

Re: SCORM completion tickbox

by Amy Groshek -

Hi Samke,

In the future, you may want to refer to these instructions for asking for help. The more information you provide the more likely people are to help out.

"The condition is that when you have completed the module." This refers to what activity completion does with the SCORM reported data after the fact, not to the SCORM activity and what it reports to the LMS.

My advice is to turn on the API debugging log and see what the SCORM content actually reports to the LMS. Conditions like this do sometimes result from users not starting new attempts on a multiple-attempt SCORM activity. They complete the activity in review mode and no data is saved.

In reply to Amy Groshek

Re: SCORM completion tickbox

by James Roberts -

Amy,

I have noticed a similar problem as reported in the OP.

The Scorm activity settings and the Moodle settings can be contradictory. While Scorm 1.2 is clear about completion and even LMS behaviour - within Moodle, it's not obvious which takes precedence or indeed whether there is any logic at all.

I generally tell my students that if there is any completion mark (red, blue, green, whatever) beside a Scorm activity then it means that they have at least opened ("browsed") it. There's no guarantee that the Moodle sign means that they have: "passed, failed, completed" the activity or their attempt is "incomplete".

This is an irritating problem but not fatal.