I used earlier versions of the dataform plugin, but just recently decided to try using it again for a simple project to track Student Support sessions. I am having a few issues with the different views in the dataform that I hope some people can help me with.
First some information on the setup.
- Moodle 3.3.1 (Build 20170804)
- php 5.6.31
- dataform (build 2015051100)
- Theme: Boost
What I created so far:
Single view (using Tabular view and set as default)
- pagebar is not working
- There are four entries, but only the 1st entry shows
- Click on the next button or any of the numbers doesn't bring up other entries
- Clicking on Add Entry brings up entry window, but also 1st entry
- pagebar doesn't work here either
- Click on any number and it goes to the 1st entry.
- Read Pagebar not working (Would the github commit help?)
List View (Using Tabular View)
- Per Page is set to 1
- Pagebar shows, but doesn't work
- Increase Per Page to 4, pagebar disappears, but doesn't show more entries
- click add entry brings up only entry window, no other entries are visible
- Switching from single view (have put in viewsmenu in the view template) brings up 1 entry with correct layout and 3 entries with no formatting
Tried to use Aligned view but....
- Entry template doesn't not have a WYSIWG edit bar (Using the Atto Text editor)
- New entry has no field labels
- This list of entries also doesn't have any field labels
Thinking the Grid view might be the way to go because it will work better on smaller screens but .....
- Use the Grid View for data entry and single view,
- I don't want any entries showing on the top page, just the add entry button and an explanation of how to use the report system.
- Click on add entry and brings up entry window, fill in information, save and brings up single view
- Select list view on the single view page (using the viewmenus) and goes to a list view using either aligned or tabular
- From the list view should be able to go to single view
- From either List view or single view should be able to add an entry using the Grid view data entry.
- Any suggestions on how to achieve this or advice on which views are best for different purposes.
This has probably gotten to long and complicated, but I hope someone can give me a hand.