PSA: Do NOT upgrade to PHP 7! Stay on 5.6 to keep using this plugin.

PSA: Do NOT upgrade to PHP 7! Stay on 5.6 to keep using this plugin.

by TJ Meneses -
Number of replies: 4

Was pulling my hair out for hours trying to figure out why none of the fields on my activity could be edited.

Turns out that there is an open bug with PHP7 that the Dataform plugin just doesn't play nicely with. I resolved my issue by rolling back to PHP 5.6.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to TJ Meneses

Re: PSA: Do NOT upgrade to PHP 7! Stay on 5.6 to keep using this plugin.

by Hartmut Scherer -

Thanks for the warning. Today I saw that Moodle 3.4 requires at least PHP 7.0. I like to use the Dataform module. Since I don't know when the updated version of Dataform will be released, I won't migrate to Moodle 3.4. We are now on Moodle 3.3 and hope that the Dataform module will be updated with Moodle 3.5.

In reply to TJ Meneses

by Andrew Earley -

Dear TJ 

Do you have a link to this tracker? I am struggling to find it.

In reply to Andrew Earley

by Rachel Martin -

We are running dataform on PHP 7.0.29, so far I have no problems reported on our Moodle 3.1.

I am currently testing it under Moodle 3.5 as part of our upgrade.  I identified one error that seemed to be a conflict with the newer php, but I have a fix for it.

Warning: Parameter 1 to dataformfield_text_renderer::display_edit() expected to be a reference, value given in /data/www/elan-learning.nl/public_html/mod/dataform/classes/pluginbase/entriesform.php on line 68

To resolve this, please change line 68 in entriesform.php from: 
all_user_func_array($func, array_merge(array($mform), $params));
to: 
call_user_func_array($func, array_merge(array(&$mform), $params));