Plugins traffic

Early bird 3.4

Picture of David Mudrák
Early bird 3.4
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersPlugins guardiansTestersTranslators

Good news! Moodle 3.4 just reached the beta maturity level. The core APIs can be seen as stable now, no new features will be added and only bugs will be fixed on the branch. The 3.4 release is scheduled to happen on Monday 13 November.

Same as before, Moodle plugins have now the opportunity to get a special award in the Plugins directory - Moodle 3.4 Early bird. This award will be given to plugins having a tested working 3.4 compatible version available on the release day.

This special medal was first awarded with Moodle 3.0 release and we are seeing increasing interest in it since then.

Please note it is not enough to simply you current versions as 3.4 compatible. Plugin maintainers are supposed to:

• Test your plugins intensively against Moodle 3.4 beta (Behat and PHPUnit tests help a lot).
  • Fix all eventually raised warnings, notices, regressions and problems.
  • Release a new compatible version in the plugins directory, or mark the existing one as compatible.

We reserve the right to not grant (or even revoke) the award from a plugin if there is a suspicion that it was not tested well. There will be no exceptions for late submissions.

Once again, thanks to all the plugins maintainers for keeping their plugins up-to-date with latest Moodle versions!

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
C'est moi :-)
Re: Early bird 3.4
Documentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Hi David,

Moodle 3.4 is now here smile

Could we know when the Early bird 3.4 award will be done and the list accessible?

It's always very interesting to see/evaluate plugins you can count on smile

Great thanks for plugins developers/maintainers that allow to have lots of useful tools inside Moodle.

Séverin

Average of ratings: -
Picture of David Mudrák
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersPlugins guardiansTestersTranslators

Sure. I am always waiting until 23:59:59 GMT on the release day and processing the award on the next day. I am going to do it ASAP. Thanks Séverin.

C'est moi :-)
Documentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Thanks David for the Early bird 3.4 plugins list smile

Séverin

Picture of David Mudrák

Thanks everybody who participated and contributed Moodle 3.4 compatible version in time for the release. Once again it is great to see so many plugins being actively and long-term supported. Kudos to all!

Chart showing the number of approved and early bird plugins

Average of ratings: Useful (8)
Picture of Joe Chacha

I have noted media player VideoJS player is one of the major plugins affected creating 'Not good looking' interface for the uploaded videos.

I would love to know if the developers will be scooping this award thoughtful

Picture of David Mudrák

Sorry Joe, I don't understand. Are you referring to a particular plugin in the plugins directory?