Moodle Cloud File Storage space

Moodle Cloud File Storage space

by Stephen Wullschleger -
Number of replies: 3

I paid for the starter edition of Moodle Cloud. The site says that I have used 181.24 mb of the 200mb allocated file storage.

However, if I go to site administration / server / files and add up the size of all of the files, the total used is 89mb. 

What is could be causing the consumption of the over 92mb?  

Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Wullschleger

Re: Moodle Cloud File Storage space

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Stephen, 

There are a number of reasons this can happen, one being that MoodleCloud currently has an issue calculating file usage. A fix will soon be deployed.

It's also possible to use Google drive (or others) to store your files.

Mathieu

In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

by Sarah Holmes -

I am also experiencing this issue at the moment with my paid for Moodle for Schools site. I had an email on Monday telling me I should upgrade but that is another £200 or so which I am reluctant to pay as the site itself doesn't think I have used anywhere near as much storage as the Moodle Cloud portal does. I am concerned however, that I may soon be unable to add any more content to the site.

Do you have a time-frame for fixing the issue with Moodle Cloud? 

In reply to Sarah Holmes

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sarah,

The fix was deployed earlier and there should be no difference between the email you have received and what the portal says. Please contact moodlecloud support if this is not the case.

Mathieu