Turnitin Plagiarism Plugin Help

Turnitin Plagiarism Plugin Help

by Karla Bright -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Everyone,

We are experiencing some problems with Turnitin and our Moodle assignment tool and I’m hoping someone may have some advice on how to fix it. 

For some of the Moodle assignments using Turnitin there is an error with the message “This file has not been submitted to Turnitin because there is a problem editing the module settings in Turnitin which is preventing submissions, please consult your API logs for further information.”

Some of the documents in this same assignment were submitted to Turnitin without a problem and then others have the error message.  We cleared all the errors in the queue and ran the cron job but the error persists.  The files are text files and shouldn’t cause issues.   

I would turn it off, but our instructors like the plugin that works within the Moodle assignment because they can download the assignments and re-upload the corrected copy to the students. 

We are using both the Plagiarism plugin version 2017081001 and the Turnitin assignment 2 plugin version 2017080901.

Our Moodle version is 3.3 (Build: 20170515). 

If anyone has come across this or has an idea how we can fix it, I would appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance,

Karla

Karla M. Bright

Instructional Technology Support

Technology Services

St. Bonaventure University

kbright@sbu.edu 

Average of ratings: -