How to enrol course manager as student

How to enrol course manager as student

by Shuo Yan -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone,

My company has deployed Moodle 3.3 as our internal LMS and tasked me as the manager of a Course Category. Each course has a limited seat number of 20. I should also enrol myself as  studnet to a course, but I find that if I enrol myself through manual enrolment, my seat will not be included into the 20 seats. This means that I have more than 20 attendees in the same course, which I want to get rid of...

Is there any approach to override this setting? Btw, I am not the site admin.

I hope the Moodle gurus can help me!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shuo Yan

Re: How to enrol course manager as student

by Gary Lynch -

HI Shuo

Firstly how are students authenticated on your system?

If LDAP then i suggest that your admin does the following:

Remove your account as manager and change back to student. (this will allow you to enrol on the courses and take a place)

Create a manual account for you as a manager which is separate from your student account.

This is how my organisation does it so that course managers etc have access to the courses as a student.

HTH

Gary

Consider rating if my post helps smile

In reply to Gary Lynch

Re: How to enrol course manager as student

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I think you maybe confusing authentication and enrolment here... 

Authentication is the process which grants you access to the Moodle site as a whole. It is the enrolment method which determines which role you have within a specific course...

So before we start removing and recreating accounts we need to know what enrolment method your course is using...

HTH

Jon