1. Yes, we have direct contact with Moodle partners so we can help them with this kind of things if they don't know how to do that.
2.The order change has been applied in v3.5.1. It was released in Android last friday, and it's pending for review in iOS (should be released soon).
3. One of the things we want to do is to display the list of sections in wide devices (tablet & desktop app), but we still need to find a good solution for phones since they don't have much screen space.
Thanks again so much for your responses. So great to have some feedback on this and dialogue, as I must admit - everyone has done a fantastic job on the latest release
Re the sections on the mobile course page, might I suggest a few options?
- All sections to automatically appear on the course summary page underneath. Whilst this might result in long list courses with many sections, with would at least make it very clear where users can find the resources (as we've received a lot of feedback and complaints about difficulty to find it via the three dots in the top right)
- A "Click here to access course resources" button underneath the course summary page?
- Or, maybe when a user clicks on, for example, the course summary image, this could take them to the contents
Either I think would help make the user journey that bit easier. Just my thoughts
We've been doing some further user testing to see how we might be able to best utilise Moodle Mobile within our organisation and we've had some really useful feedback:
- A lot of confusion around how to access the sections of the courses and, therefore, learning materials (as discussed in my previous post)
- As we utilise SCORM packages which feature videos, users are able to "zoom in" on the videos and make these full screen by pinching the screen with their fingers. The problem this has, is that it lets users then skip to the end of the video - which is a feature they ordinarily aren't able to do on a SCORM via Moodle LMS.
- Queries around just what elements we can "hide" if we are to get our own version of the app made? For example, if we didn't need reference to the Timeline, or removing option to view Participants within courses.
Hope the feedback is useful but would be great if anyone knew of a resolution to the above, particularly around a better way to improve user journey for accessing course materials and also re the SCORM video issue?
if you build your own version of the app you can hide anything you want. Please notice that you can hide some things in the official Mobile app too, by using:
Site administration > Mobile app > Mobile features > Disabled features
I suggest you to open new topics about things like this or the SCORM video since they aren't strictly related to the new version.
Many thanks for coming back to me. I've started a new topic as suggested.
We're really close to wanting to go ahead with a branded version of the App, the only real main stumbling block we're having is the user journey for accessing the course materials. I don't suppose there has been any further consideration/development of the "sections" yet?
it is currently being studied by our UX team. However, since some of us are (or will be) in holidays it can take a while to get a result.
Regarding new topics, we haven't been much active in the forums lately due to the 3.5 release, but we'll get back to it as soon as the desktop apps are released.
Glad to know it's in hand and very much looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Is there anyway I can easily find out when it has been updated, as I'm keen to get the branded app ordered ASAP