A new Moodle Mobile app is on its way!

Re: A new Moodle Mobile app is on its way!

by Juan Leyva -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

As I mentioned in my previous posts, we’ve been working on a new way for supporting plugins in the Mobile app.

We published an initial draft specification and last month we started its implementation, during the implementation process we decided to make the following changes to the initial plans in order to make developers life easier:

• There will be just one way to support plugins in the app.

• This new way will allow developers to support plugins using PHP code, templates and Ionic markup (html components).

• The use of Javascript will be optional (but some type of advanced plugins may require it)

This means that remote add-ons won’t be necessary anymore and developers won’t have to learn Ionic 3 / Angular and set-up a new mobile development environment to migrate them.

We’ll be updating the existing documentation during this week, providing examples (already developed) so developers will have at least 3 months to update their existing remote add-ons to the new simpler way.

Note also that if you are using “Remote themes” you will need to update them to match the new app styles (we’ll update the documentation soon so you can do it in advance keeping backward compatibility with older versions).

Please, don’t hesitate to contact us (via this forum in a public conversation) if you developed a remote add-on and you may need assistance once we've published the docs.

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: A new Moodle Mobile app is on its way!

by Gabriel Mazin -

Hello Juan, how are you? I would recommend an improvement on auth SSO. Many users complain that sometimes the authentication token in the webview does not return.

As I use Joomdle (and many of the community), an implementation equal to "auth with mail" would be interesting. So that in the application screen itself appears Login and Registration.