Reporting from SCORM package

Reporting from SCORM package

by Richard Danvers -
Number of replies: 7

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to get the 'completed' value from scorm interactions report (see image below) and is this stored in a variable which i can later reference? 

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Danvers

Re: Reporting from SCORM package

by Mark Whitington -

Hi Richard,

Depending on your publish settings for the scorm module you should get a score not just "completed".

Scores go into the moodle Grade Book ... these can be tracked and reported.

(ie learning object  = 0-1 or result = 0-100%)

We get occasionally users with a "completed" or "passed" without a score. (approx 5% of attempts)

Like you have in your image. We have not been able to "fix" this other that over-riding the gradebook.

In reply to Mark Whitington

by Richard Danvers -
Hi Mark,

Sorry I should have explained myself better, what I meant was I want to use this value (or the score) to store in  a variable and reference in other modules e.g.

$score = [USER MARKS HERE]

if score = >0 give access to certificate

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You mean something more than the activity completion settings (if module A is marked complete)?  I've occasionally seen SCORMs with a green check that don't get credit because activity completion requires specific things but the module requires something different.  Activity completion is usually a good bet.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Richard Danvers -

Well I just want to find out where this value is stored i,e within the php files so i can play around with it and do different things

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
the value is stored in the database in the scorm_scoes_track table. you probably want to look at the records with the element = "cmi.core.lesson_status" but also may want to look at "cmi.core.score.raw" - keep in mind that not all scorm packages will actually report a score, some only report a lesson_status. 

* Those values are for SCORM 1.2 packages... if you are using SCORM 2004 you will need slightly different variations on those names.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Richard Danvers -

I can't seem to find this table. I have a few databases showing up; 

• information_scheme
  • iomad
  • mysql
  • performance_schema
  • sys

any ideas which table this will be under?

Thanks.