Anonymous Feedback in Front Page - Password Authentication

Anonymous Feedback in Front Page - Password Authentication

by Andrew C -
Number of replies: 8

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if it's possible to password protect an anonymous feedback on the front of Moodle set to open access.

This will be useful for getting anonymous feedback from specific groups of people such as parents of students in a particular age range by providing them with a specific key (via email or letter home).

Thanks,

Andrew

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew C

Re: Anonymous Feedback in Front Page - Password Authentication

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I do this all the time.  Just make the first question the password entry and then make all the other questions only visible if they enter the correct password in the first question.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Andrew C -

Thanks Emma. I'm not sure how to do this with a Feedback though.

Please can you provide an example (and field) that would be suitable for this?

Andrew

In reply to Andrew C

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Just use a short text question.  For the question text put Password and then the answer is whatever password you give them.  Then, for all your other questions, add the dependence item of the first question and the password.

by Andrew C -

With the Feedback, short text answer - I cannot see an option to specify the answer.

Only:

Required Question

Label

Textfiled width

Maximum characters accepted

Position

Am I missing any options?

Thanks,

Andrew

In reply to Andrew C

by Emma Richardson -

Actually you just specify the answer on the dependence item on the following questions.  Sorry, I did not make that very clear!!

by Andrew C -

Thanks Emma, that worked really well.

I have selected a short answer question for the password entry area with the label password.

This opens up the dependency on the next question when I can say that the new question relies upon a specific answer from the first question.

In reply to Andrew C

by Emma Richardson -

Glad to help - feel free to mark as useful!  Helps us keep our Particularly Helpful Moodler status!!big grin