Moodle for mobile

Video Js player

Picture of Pradeep Varma
Video Js player

Hi All,

I am adding Video link from S3 streaming server.

In Moodle mobile its showing download option but i am not clickable on the video render page and when i am trying to download by clicking activity download videos is not downloading.

Could any one please help me ASAP.

Thanks

Pradeep

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dani Palou
Re: Video Js player
Core developersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Hi Pradeep,

where are you adding this video? Is it inside an activity? How does it look like in Moodle web?

I never used S3 streaming server, so I don't know how it's supposed to work smile

Kind regards,

Dani

Picture of Pradeep Varma

I am adding video inside activity and please find the attached screenshot view in web and mbl app.

Mbl view download link is not working

Picture of Dani Palou

Hi,

external videos are not downloaded by the app. E.g. if you add a YouTube or Vimeo video, they won't be downloaded either. The only way to download them is to host them in the Moodle site itself.

I don't know why your device displays the download icon in the video itself, I tested it with my devices and I didn't see it. Which device are you using?

Kind regards,

Dani 

Picture of Pradeep Varma

I am using Moto e4 mobile Android nougat. 

And what is the use of cloud icon in page.

And in browser I can able to download the video by clicking on download button but from app it's not possible could you please let me know whether this code lies whether it's flowing from web to mobile app or designed in mobile.app it self.

Picture of Dani Palou

Hi Pradeep,

that cloud icon is to download the Page activity and all its files. However, we only download the files included in Moodle itself, not the external ones. We decided to implement it like this for security reasons and because we don't have any control or info about the external files. We'll discuss if we want to keep it like this or not when we redesign the app (soon).

The download button displayed in the video itself is handled by Android, the app has no control about this. Looking at the second screenshot, I guess Android is downloading the file into the Downloads folder of the device. As I said, the app has no control about this, so it will still serve the online video, not the downloaded one.

Kind regards,

Dani

Picture of Pradeep Varma

Okay is there any way we can send that download login embedded in media player from web application side??

Picture of Dani Palou

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean smile

On the other hand, I just answered the other post, I'm sorry I missed it.

Picture of Pradeep Varma

I mean can we remove that Cloud option (to remove download) and can i know whether the html Video tags are rendering from web/Mobile APP so that i will try to disable that video page download option in order to avoid confusion for the end users. 

Picture of Dani Palou

Please notice that the cloud icon also downloads the page/book HTML, and all the other resources you might have in it. It's not just the video smile

If you want to do that in the official Moodle Mobile app, I don't think you'll be able to hide the cloud icon using a remote theme since CSS is not aware of the files in each page. 

But looking at the other post I guess you're building a custom app.

Unfortunately our core team do not have the resources here to help people use the open source code version to build custom apps. We provide a service where we can customise the app for anyone who needs it including the Push notifications (Airnotifier) service management. This service helps fund the improvement of the app in general: https://moodle.com/mobileapp/

As a tip, resources have a list of the files they include in module.contents. You should implement the isDownloadable function in the prefetch handler of the module affected (page, book, ...). In case of page, $mmaModPagePrefetchHandler.

Cheers,

Dani

Picture of Pradeep Varma

Could you please respond to this issue .

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=359382

Picture of Payman Zafar

Hi Pradeep,

I am trying to setup Wowza streaming engine with Moodle mobile app, but there was no success. Video plays on PC, but not on mobile app. Would you please tell me how you have configured it with your streaming server?

Are you using VideoJS player?

What is the embed code you are using?