Creating a site wide Library (resource centre)

Creating a site wide Library (resource centre)

by Kathleen Zarubin -
Number of replies: 1

HI. I am looking for advice on the best way to set up a library / resource centre in Moodle Cloud.  

I am 'thinking about' using the database function but a couple of considerations are: 

a) Space (upload limits) - but I could link it to a G drive ...  

b) Access for the number of people (users) once they have completed the course (with a limit of 50 users at one time - they need to loose access to enable others to come in) - BUT I could set it up for access by 'guests' (maybe?) - so once they 'finish' they are no longer enrolled but could still access the library as a guest (would this work?) 

Alternatively, I have heard about external sites like Librarika -  https://librarika.com/  ....  

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts? 

Thanks 

Kathleen 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kathleen Zarubin

Re: Creating a site wide Library (resource centre)

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Kathleen, 

I'm curious to know more about this, can you expand on what you mean by a "library / resource centre" in Moodle?

Are you looking more for indexing/searching features (for "paper books" and other physical resources), or for a "document repository" (dedicated to electronic resources)?

Mathieu