Creating a site wide Library (resource centre)

Creating a site wide Library (resource centre)

by Kathleen Zarubin -
အကြောင်းပြန်မှု အရေအတွက်: 1

HI. I am looking for advice on the best way to set up a library / resource centre in Moodle Cloud.  

I am 'thinking about' using the database function but a couple of considerations are: 

a) Space (upload limits) - but I could link it to a G drive ...  

b) Access for the number of people (users) once they have completed the course (with a limit of 50 users at one time - they need to loose access to enable others to come in) - BUT I could set it up for access by 'guests' (maybe?) - so once they 'finish' they are no longer enrolled but could still access the library as a guest (would this work?) 

Alternatively, I have heard about external sites like Librarika -  https://librarika.com/  ....  

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts? 

Thanks 

Kathleen 

ပျှမ်းမျှအဆင့်သတ်မှတ်ချက်များ: -
Kathleen Zarubin ထံသို့ အကြောင်းပြန်ရာတွင်

Re: Creating a site wide Library (resource centre)

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Core developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Moodle HQ ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ MoodleCloud team ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Plugin developers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ Testers ၏ ရုပ်ပုံ

Hi Kathleen, 

I'm curious to know more about this, can you expand on what you mean by a "library / resource centre" in Moodle?

Are you looking more for indexing/searching features (for "paper books" and other physical resources), or for a "document repository" (dedicated to electronic resources)?

Mathieu