Can students belong to multiple groups?

Can students belong to multiple groups?

by Jan Waginski -
Number of replies: 4

Can students belong to more than one group? I've tried adding students to more than one group but they can still only access one of them. Is that a bug or is that how it's supposed to be?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jan Waginski

Re: Can students belong to multiple groups?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes they can belong to more than one group.  What are you trying to do exactly?  What do you mean - they can't access more than one group?  Groups are something that students access really, it is a way of separating them for activities etc.  You can set your class to separate groups or visible groups.  This changes how groups behave.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jan Waginski -

Some students are retaking my course. They were part of one group in the past and now we have a different group. I want these students to both be able to access their old work and to participate alongside their new classmates in the new group's forums. However, even though I give them access to both groups, they only see their previous group.

In reply to Jan Waginski

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you have it set as separate groups, there will be dropdown at the top of the forum for example where they can select which group they want to participate in.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jan Waginski -
Thanks - I will check if they can see this.

Thank you

Jan Waginski

416 822 2637

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Emma Richardson (via Moodle.org) <