Custom themes not showing in config/themes list

Custom themes not showing in config/themes list

by Roger Emery -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

I'm trying to make a custom theme in 1.5.3.

I've copied a standard theme and re-named it, but no matter how many times I've tried this it will not appear on the selection list in the config/themes area, so I cannot select it.

If I edit a standard theme then changes occur as they should.

what am I missing?

Roger

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roger Emery

Re: Custom themes not showing in config/themes list

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Roger,
When you say you've copied and renamed a standard theme, have you actually renamed the directory in moodle\theme\ directory?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Roger Emery -

Hi,

Yes I have tried copying and pasting and renaming various theme folders on the server. Tried copying them off to local drive and renaming then move back on. Load other themes from the themes site and tried creating new theme folders on the server, but non show up on the listing where you select which theme you want to use.

Driving me a bit insane! I know it worked fine on 1.4

Regards

Roger

In reply to Roger Emery

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Roger,

I've tried everything I can think of to reproduce the issue you describe, but to no avail. mixed I just can't make it not work!

Is it possible that some files have become corrupted? Perhaps you could try taking a break - it's Friday after all! wink
In reply to Helen Foster

by Roger Emery -

I tried giving it a break on Thursday already!

Thanks for the reply Helen. Might have to re-install. Really odd problem as it all was fine on 1.4

I think I'll just customise and detroy one of the ugly themes like wood.

Computers, eh... PAH!!

Roger

In reply to Roger Emery

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Roger,

Have you checked your new theme directory permissions?

Changing the permissions to full read/write access may help.

Ray
In reply to Roger Emery

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Noooooo, not wood, please! surprise Wood is a very cool theme! Please check the history of woodcool
In reply to Helen Foster

by Roger Emery -

It looks like Ikea laminate, but each to their own wink

Thanks for the permissions suggestion - I'll give that a look, although I'm having no problem creating, editing or deleting files.
I have also tried renaming one of that standard themes, and that renaming is reflected in the theme selection list page. It's just the creation of new theme folders.

very odd.

In reply to Roger Emery

by Roger Emery -

All fixed.

Something very odd going on with a linux server and it permissions.

Re-installed 1.5.3 on a windows box and all my woes are gone.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Roger