Showing and hiding quiz by change visible an old_visible field not effect

Showing and hiding quiz by change visible an old_visible field not effect

by Manith Man -
Number of replies: 5

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm from University of Health Sciences, Cambodia, now a day my university use moodle 2.6 as a tool for testing student with MCQ and matching. I've create external php project for controlling visibility of quiz by do action on table table mdl_course_modules field (visible and old_visible) when I set it to 1 or 0 it's not effect. what should I do for this problem. Pleas show the clue to solve this.

Best regards

Manith

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manith Man

Re: Showing and hiding quiz by change visible an old_visible field not effect

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moving to quiz forum...

...although I would never recommend writing directly to the database. Is there a web service that can handle your requirement?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Manith Man -

dear Howard,

Thanks for your recommendation, I will explore more for that.

Best,

Manith

In reply to Manith Man

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

As Howard says, you need to be careful directly writing data to the database.

In this case, there is probably a cache that needs to be cleared after the data in the database has changed. Probably course modinfo.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Manith Man -

Dear Tim,

Could you show me detail of course modinfo, where and how can I clear it. modinfo is a php file or table field.

Best,

Manith