Connect Moodle to Personal Website - Login Portal?

Re: Connect Moodle to Personal Website - Login Portal?

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

In my own case, I don't have students logging into any other applications on my website.  Therefore, I have my main website at www.mainwebsite.com, and moodle one level down a t www.mainwebsite.com/moodle.

In reply to Rick Jerz

回复: Re: Connect Moodle to Personal Website - Login Portal?

by Gary Chan -

Hi Rick

May I ask how you implement this single signon? We have the same setting here as yours, Moodle in one level down

My post for more details : https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=361390

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gary

In reply to Gary Chan

Re: 回复: Re: Connect Moodle to Personal Website - Login Portal?

by Rick Jerz -

Nothing on the main website is protected.  It's an open website.  One can have documents on the Internet with no login, and no protection, and no links to these webpages.  But for my Moodle, students must log in.  Anything at www.mydomain.com/moodle is protected by moodle.

In my moodle, I use a URL resource to link to content.  It's as simple as saying "Here are the resources for Week 4."  This Week4 resources page is not in my moodle folder, it is outside of Moodle.

I manage my webpages with Dreamweaver.

In reply to Rick Jerz

回复: Re: 回复: Re: Connect Moodle to Personal Website - Login Portal?

by Gary Chan -

Hi Rick

So it is the other way round, students log in Moodle, then link to "external" pages on the open website. Hummm.. not really what we want to do, but thanks anyway.

Regards,

Gary 

In reply to Gary Chan

Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: Connect Moodle to Personal Website - Login Portal?

by Rick Jerz -

Yep, just a different way of doing things.

Moodle becomes my main login.  Students never really know that they are accessing webpages from my website.  In fact, many students do even know, or don't even care.

Well, good luck.  Something for you to think about.