Quiz not showing as complete (Activity Completion)

Re: Quiz not showing as complete (Activity Completion)

by Phill Bernier -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Mary, 

Many thanks for your response. 

I am running version 3.2, it sounds like I need to upgrade. 

Many thanks indeed for your help. 

Phill

In reply to Phill Bernier

by Artur Kane -

Hi Mary,

Please excuse my ignorance, it might be missing something but I reckon I've encountered the same issue on version 3.3.4+ (Build: 20180228).

My Quiz grade to pass is 13/20. Quiz completion rule is set to "Require passing grade".

As for the nature of my questions (multichoice with multiple correct answers, each rewarded with a fracture of a point), users may achieve the passing grade of 13 while their percentage may vary as per the samples bellow:

Grade13 out of 20 (65%)
Grade13 out of 20 (66%)
Grade13 out of 20 (64%)
Grade13 out of 20 (63%)

All of the students above have their Quiz marked as completed with a passing grade except for the last one. 13/20 is obviously 65% hence I am not sure why 64% is still encountered as passed while 63% is not. It would only seem legitimate for the system to not worry about the percentage as long as the grade rule is met, given the fact that the rule is called "Require passing grade", not passing percentage.

Any ideas please? Many thanks.

Artur

In reply to Artur Kane

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

So...it is possible that, since you are using multi-choice with values per correct, it is rounding.  The people with the 65% have exactly 13.  The ones with less than 65% might have a 12.7 or a 12.8, which, if you have the decimals set to 0, might round to 13 for the purpose of scoring.  A 12.5, however,  is 62.5 %, which without decimals is 63%--might round down and not pass?  Maybe try to set Appearance->Decimal places in grades to 2?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Artur Kane -
Silly me. Problem solved. Thanks!