Custom peer review

Custom peer review

by Kevin Nash -
Number of replies: 1

I have been looking around at different LMS and am not able to find the system I am looking for. 

I am intending to creating the following peer review:

This is a self paced course that has training content followed by assignment and no deadline. The teacher first creates an assignment. The student will make the submission and it has to be evaluated only by a student who has completed the assignment and has been awarded grade. The first few submissions will be evaluated by teacher and after which the graded students will join the graders pool for that assignment.

The workshop activity does not apply because of the following

1) It has phases that needs to be manually switched. But here we have a self paced course that does not follow a deadline

2) Workshop activity allows peer evaluation. But people who have not been graded can evaluate assignments which is undesirable.

Is it possible to implement this in Moodle? I wonder if Dataform can help.

I am willing to extend Moodle/write a plugin/use Moodle API if available. Basically I am looking for pointers on where to begin.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Nash

Re: Custom peer review

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Kevin,

I never tried it with Dataform but I use Dataform for group peer reviews every semester. Beside the dataform module, you need to install dataform access entry as block (see attachment). I also added a preset. You need to add groups with a CSV file (see a sample in the attachment) and configure the access entry as a filter that blocks reviews until the user has received a grade. You probably need to set up a second access entry filter for the submission phase so that users cannot change their submission after the grading. The access entry filter worked only once on my site. There seems to be an entry stored in my Moodle database which I couldn't figure out how to delete or overwrite. 

With kind regards,

Hartmut