Following a restore, assignments are missing

Following a restore, assignments are missing

by Graham Wilson -
Number of replies: 3

My hosting company had a MySQL problem.  This coincided with an update to Moodle.  They say that they did nothing to my Moodle itself, however, I suspect that they performed a restore.  I have just realised that the activities in weekly classes that were entered as 'assignments' are now missing.  When I check the gradebook they are listed there.

I looked at a previous run of the same course, (for which there was a full set of student submissions and marks) and again, the activities that were assignments are missing but they are in the gradebook.

I have now checked other courses with assignments and they too are missing, so this appears to be a site wide issue.

Can anyone throw any light on what might have happened, and how I can restore the assignments?

Thanks (in a mild panic), Graham

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Wilson

Re: Following a restore, assignments are missing

by Graham Wilson -

Since 24hrs have passed, I am guessing that this isn't something anyone has encountered before - because you guys are usually very quick to respond.

An update...

I've got to get this course in a presentable format for my students by tomorrow afternoon, so I dug back into old records and found the detail of the 3 missing assignments.  There are two identical courses running in parallel (both have lost the assignment details).  So, I started to recreate them from scratch in each course....

However, having done so for the first course, I went to edit the settings so that I could cut and paste to the second course, and I got the error message;

"Multiple records found, only one record expected.

More information about this error"

When I click for more information, I get this error message:

"error/moodle/multiplerecordsfound

This page does not exist yet. "

This is becoming a nightmare.  PLEASE can anyone help?

Thanks again, Graham

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Turn on debugging all the way to developer and let's see if Moodle says something that might provide a clue.  Not that I'd know what to do with that info, but somone might! smile

And, we know from the linked page  where no info found it's a 3.3 ... but other info might be helpful as well.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Are these assignments just using the assignment module or another plugin?  Is it possible that these assignments were still using the old assignment module?  You really need to get some more information from your host on exactly what they did...

If there was an upgrade, is it possible that not all plugins were restored? I would see if they have a backup from before their issues that could be restored - full backup including database...