Can I use Moodle for...

Can I use Moodle for...

by Emily Carson -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

New to Moodle but am creating a site for a school here in Cambodia. They want a student login where students can view their grades, sign up for events and register for new school years/terms.

However, the student portal likely wont have any lessons built on it, just grades put into the system manually by their teachers or school admins.

Can Moodle be used easily in this way? If so, is it fairly easy to set up and integrate with their current school database? Or could it actually be used instead of their current database as a platform to store student info, grades etc.

Sorry if those are silly questions, just trying to get some clear answers.

Thanks

-Em

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emily Carson

Re: Can I use Moodle for...

by William Stewart -

You can use it for this purpose technically speaking. You would still need to create all of the respective courses, assign teachers and students to them, create assignments and/or grade book entries that correspond to the school work. You could, accordingly, enter grades and students would be able to see them. From an administrative end you can organize all of the courses by catalogue and/or school year, archive them, etc. It would take a little bit of time to set up and teach everyone how to use, but if your only real purpose is to enter and check grades, that shouldn't be too difficult for most.

It is also possible to connect to a different database through a number of means such as LDAP, etc.