how to disable grade for attendance module

how to disable grade for attendance module

by Sikander Hayat -
Number of replies: 0
i found that 9 year before post but not clear I am using latest attendance plugin with moodle 3.3.1 . 

Any body can tells how to do in latest version of attendance . I want to disable grade in attendance module .

There are two solutions here: 

1. put the attendance grade item in a category with grade type set to "None", then hide the category so users cannot see it. 
  2. change a few lines of code in the attendance module to prevent it from registering with the gradebook.
Let's start with the first method, since it involves no hacks. Whenever I use activity name, replace it with the name you gave to your new attendance activity.
  1. When you create a new attendance activity in your course, at the bottom of the form you can choose the grade category. It defaults to "uncategorised". Select instead "New category".
  2. Save your attendance activity
  3. Go to Grades -> grader report
  4. You will see your attendance activity inside a category called "activity name"
  5. Next to the "activity name" grade item is another called "Category total".
  6. If not already done, click the button "Turn editing on"
  7. A little edit icon appears beneath the Category Total heading
  8. Click this icon
  9. In the "Grade type" drop-down menu, select "None"
  10. Save your changes
  11. Hide the activity name category (there should be a little "eye" icon under the heading, if not click the "Hide show/hide icons" link above the report, it should make the icon appear). This will hide the whole category from students in your course.
Now for the second solution: You need to comment out a few lines in two files:
  1. In attendances.php, comment out lines 76 and 85 (put // at the beginning)
  2. In lib.php, comment out lines 22 and 40
That's it! However, this second solution doesn't solve the grade items already present in your courses set up before you comment out these lines. You will have to use the first solution for these.
Average of ratings: -