Grades display differently

Grades display differently

by MoodleKittyCat . -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

Why the grade under 'My grades' accessed via profile appear incorrect or different to the course total to the students? 

It happened in one of the subjects only. What could be the reason for this sort of error? I repeat the course total and the grades accessed via Profile were different and this caused an issue among students. The calculation for the course total was the correct one but the grade that appeared under my profile was 5 mark lower.

Please advise.

Thanks

Moodle 3.1.5.7

(Edited by Mary Cooch to make the title descriptive of error - original submission Wednesday, 4 October 2017, 4:47 AM)

In reply to MoodleKittyCat .

Re: Grades display differently

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would suspect that the grade under profile reflects the grade the student views in the user report.  Normally due to some hidden items.  Go to the user report and select the student view.  This should help you figure out what is going on.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by MoodleKittyCat . -

Well, when I updated the gradebook by adding a category, it worked so my question was why it may happen so that I can resolve it for future if it happens again,

Thanks

In reply to MoodleKittyCat .

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Would have to see the whole gradebook setup to figure that out.  But about all descrepancies between teacher and student view are due to hidden items and how the gradebooks deals with them.