General developer forum

extended date in moodle

Picture of jalal alsgahyer
extended date in moodle

dear all , in my moodle the last date is 31/12/2020  how can i extended to 31/12/2025 

Average of ratings: -
Davo
Re: extended date in moodle
Group Core developersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developers

Which date? Where?

There are a huge number of places you can set dates in Moodle, so you'll have to be a lot more specific about which date you are asking about.

thank you , like Course end date  last date i can used 31/12/2020  

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developers

If you use a recent version of Moodle, the dates go up to 2050. This is probably a sign that you are using a really old version of Moodle. You should check that. (Your Moodle version is shown on the Admin -> Notifications screen.)

thank you , yes i use moodle 2.8 , but is there any way to extended the date in this version 

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developers

It looks like it shoudl already be using 2050 as the maximum. I was going to tell you to change this time: https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/MOODLE_28_STABLE/calendar/type/gregorian/classes/structure.php#L92

Except, are you using gregorian calendar, or have you installed another calendar plugin? If so, look in the equivalent place in the other calendar.

Ah! in Moodle 2.8, there is also https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/MOODLE_28_STABLE/lib/outputcomponents.php#L1335. That might be what you are seeing. You could find that code on your server, and  change 2020 to 2050 there.

thank you Mr.Tim , 

i changed it  and i restart the Apache service But it's not working  , it's still until 2020