Use Credly plugin in Moodle

Use Credly plugin in Moodle

by Joan Gjermeni -
Number of replies: 6

Hi everyone,
I am new in Moodle and i have a task to implement credly plugin in Moodle and to learn how to use it.
I implemented the plugin, added credly plugin folder in public_html/blocks/.

I can not find how and where to use credly in my project. I also opened an account in credly.

Please help me smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joan Gjermeni

Re: Use Credly plugin in Moodle

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Maybe you could start by explaining what 'credly' is and how you want this to interact with Moodle.

A quick Google search finds: "Credly is the end-to-end solution for creating, issuing and managing digital credentials."

But that doesn't really explain how you'd want to use it in Moodle - is it meant to be for SSO? Or something else?

In reply to Davo Smith

by Joan Gjermeni -
Investigation: Digital Badges Intergration - Credly

I want to use it for implementating digital badges into Moodle. I want to access badges from my account in Credly.

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Do you mean you want to be able to access Moodle badges from within your Credly account or do you mean you want to display your Credly badges within Moodle?

Also, assuming the second option, have you created a new block plugin to display Credly badges within Moodle or are asking about how to use an existing plugin? (This is a developer forum, so I would assume the first, but it's not that clear from your original message).

In reply to Davo Smith

by Joan Gjermeni -

Sorry for not being too understandable.

I want to display my Credly badges within Moodle. I also have created a new block plugin for credly, but i dont know to use this plugin.

by Davo Smith -

Don't you just need to add the block somewhere on your site? Turn editing on, then select 'Credly' from the 'Add block' drop-down list?