Drag and Drop questions missing after upgrade

Drag and Drop questions missing after upgrade

by Martyn Bevan -
Number of replies: 5

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction.

We recently had an upgrade to our Moodle site from version 2.7 to version 3.3. Our courses were migrated over to the new version but we now have a problem with certain questions not working.

Although I don't possess a great deal of technical knowledge, I am being swamped with complaints and queries from our learners. In investigating the problem I noticed a message stating "Missing question type". In total the appears to be affecting 250 questions!

I deleted one of the questions and attempted to rewrite it but when searching for the correct question type it does not even appear in the list. It's a Drag and Drop into Text question.

Actually none of the Drag and Drops appear in the list at all.

I would be very grateful if someone good suggest why this is.

Thanks in advance

David Martyn Bevan    

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martyn Bevan

Re: Drag and Drop questions missing after upgrade

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Martyn,

Seems like whoever did the migration did not make sure that the new Moodle site has all the same plugins installed.

Don't try to change or delete any more of your questions. Add the missing question plugins into your new Moodle site and all those questions should start working again.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Martyn Bevan -

Thank you for the reply Al,

I thought that Drag and Drop was now a standard part of Moodle since version 3.0. That's really why I'm surprised that the option doesn't even show as available.

If it is now standard would there be a need to install a plug in?

David Martyn Bevan  

In reply to Martyn Bevan

by Martyn Bevan -

I think that this in Site Administration / Plugins / Plugins overview shows the problem.

In reply to Martyn Bevan

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Your latest picture showing the drag and drop question types are missing from the disk is what I was assuming in my first reply. The code has to be replaced to get the questions back to working.

If you get the code f9iles for the three questions from a copy of Moodle 3.3 and put them in your Moodle, the questions hould work again for you.

The location is moodle/question/type, and you need the folders and their contents: ddimageortext, ddmarker, and ddwtos

It appears you also need the gapselect too.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

Parthed: Re: Drag and Drop questions missing after upgrade

by Martyn Bevan -

Thank you very much Al for your help.

I'll pass this information "up the line".

Thanks again

David Martyn Bevan