Bulk Empty Cohorts 3.3.1+

Bulk Empty Cohorts 3.3.1+

by Oliver James -
Number of replies: 6

Dear all,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

One of jobs next summer will be to update all of the cohorts with the correct students. We have almost 600 of them!

So my question is, how do I bulk empty the cohorts of users? I know that we will be having say Year 7 Maths set 1 next year so deleting the cohort is not an option. The cohorts are setup to use Cohort sync to get the pupils in to the courses, so you see why I cant just delete them and then do a CSV upload of the new cohorts.

Hope that makes sense.

Kind regards

Oliver.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Oliver James

Re: Bulk Empty Cohorts 3.3.1+

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. Unfortunately I can't find a way to do this although I hope someone will see this and come along and give more information. I found this tracker issue on the subject: MDL-59958

and a related forum discussion on bulk removing cohorts.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Oliver James -

Hi Mary, 

Thank you for the reply and the link to the tracker. Lets hope that a fix can be implemented before the summer. 

Kind regards

Oliver.

In reply to Oliver James

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hi Oliver,

I am not sure that what i have understood is what you are looking for, but here is the detail.

You have different Cohorts which you have set-up site wide and then used them in different courses. Each cohort has 600 users in it. Now you want to remove the users from cohort.

You can accomplish this by: Go to Site administration > Users > Cohort . Now click on the assign users icon of the cohort from which you want to remove users. You will be redirected to a screen where you can remove as well as users. Select the users (on left) who are enrolled in cohort and click on the "Remove" button.

All the users will be removed from the cohort as well as from all the courses in which this cohort has been assigned.

Hope this will help you out.

In reply to S. kavita

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi S- hopefully Oliver will clarify for us but I was under the impression he meant he had six hundred cohorts - therefore making it a big job to do manually?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Ohh yes, I misunderstood sad

In reply to S. kavita

by Oliver James -

Alas I was a little conservative in my estimate of the number of cohorts.

There are 688 sad

It is going to be a long summer without the fix.