How to Delete a Book

How to Delete a Book

by Maia Veres -
Number of replies: 6

I am just learning how to use Moodle and I want to delete a book I created in the Resources section.

How can I do that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maia Veres

Re: How to Delete a Book

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to turn on editing in the course page where the book resource has been added, click on the "Edit" dropdown menu to the right of the book title, and select "Delete".

In reply to Eoin Campbell

by Maia Veres -

The book is under Resources and the edit drop-down menu does not include the delete option, in the Activities section. If I delete the section and re-add it, the Resources shows up again with the book still there. There are no chapters in the book - I didn't get that far when I created it. When I go to edit the Resources block, the book is not there, so where is it?

In reply to Maia Veres

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

After the book is created, there should be an "Edit" menu visible to the right of the book title on the course page, as shown in the screenshot below. Click on "Edit" and the drop-down menu appears. Then click on "Delete" to delete the whole book.

Book edit menu

In reply to Eoin Campbell

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do you happen to know the version of Moodle you have? Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Maia Veres -

I was wondering if the Moodle version might be a factor. I am using Moodle 3.3 - maybe that's why I don't see the same drop-down list.
Somehow I deleted the book without realizing it. I deleted the Resources section a few times and then rebuilt it without the book. It worked. The first couple of times it was still there.
Thanks for your comments!

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Maia Veres -

I was wondering if the Moodle version might be a factor. I am using Moodle 3.3 - maybe that's why I don't see the same drop-down list.
Somehow I deleted the book without realizing it. I deleted the Resources section a few times and then rebuilt it without the book. It worked. The first couple of times it was still there.
Thanks for your comments!