Change default landing page after login

Change default landing page after login

by Marinda Fourie -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there, thank you for your help in advance. 

I'm using Moodle 3.3+

I read up on the moodle forums and tried to fix this, but something is not working. 

All my users are given access to my moodle site through a username and password. All users therefore already have accounts. 

Every time someone logs into the site, I want them to land on the 'home' page and not the default 'Dashboard". I have changed these settings in: Home>Site Administration>Appearance and have set the default home page to 'Site". 

But it still goes to 'Dashboard' when someone logs in. 

I appreciate your help. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marinda Fourie

Re: Change default landing page after login

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Marinda,

Odd, as the 'defaulthomepage' is the setting for this and what I remember as the correct one.

If you create a new test user and log in as them are you directed to the 'Front page'?

G

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Change default landing page after login

by Marinda Fourie -

Hi Gareth, Thank you for your reply. 

I think I've come to the bottom of the problem. 

We upload users from our Human Resources database, and apparently some of the entries from HR are incorrect, or lack information (such as first name ??!!). Therefore it automatically jumps to the 'profile update' page, and one can only continue to the courses once all the 'Required Fields' are been completed. 

I am going to try and write a 'User Tour' to pop up when people land on the 'Update Profile' page, that will give them instructions to complete the information. 

Hopefully they understand how it works. 

Thank you for your help!

M