FilterCodes plugin for Moodle

Re: FilterCodes plugin for Moodle

by Michael Milette -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ken,

Glad you find the plugin useful.

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with the Referrer tag. If I understand you correctly:

1. You installed Moodle - What version?
  2. You switched to the More theme.
  3. You Created a new course.
  4. You Added a label to the course.
  5. Added the test list of codes to the label and saved.

You noticed that this broke the layout of the page as of the referrer tag.

Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce the issue you are experiencing following the above steps. If your steps are different, please let me know. I am not actually sure what would cause this as the referrer tag simply gets replaced with a plain text URL. If you don't mind my asking, would you be so kind as to view the source code of the page and post back the code that the referrer tag is producing? I can only guess that it might be some text in the URL but that would be very unusual though not impossible.

With regards to your suggestion, thank you for the very interesting suggestion. Not sure how that would work though. Perhaps as a HELP administrative block that people could add to their site? It would scan for all the readme.txt and readme.md files throughout Moodle every once in a while and produce a list that you could use as a reference library. Taking it one step further could be to even include some kind of search engine. I will definitely need to give it further consideration. Let me know if you have any further thoughts on this.... perhaps in a new thread of it's own here in the forums. Just please send me a separate message to let me know about the separate conversation. Thanks again for sharing smile

Best regards,

Michael