You do not have the permission to view discussions in this forum (Announcements in Course)

You do not have the permission to view discussions in this forum (Announcements in Course)

by seaghan moriarty -
Number of replies: 2

Similar to: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=154213  but this thread was closed

• New moodle 3.3 on Debian. No role renaming or role editing done.
  • First course on this new platform
  • I've checked and the role of the user trying to access the Announcements is 'participant'
  • I've checked the forum permissions for this activity and participant is enabled

Can anyone suggest how I can make the 'Announcements' (same as Course News & Announcements I think in earlier versions) visible to participants. Participant is seeing the error "You do not have the permission to view discussions in this forum".

I don't want to hack the role capability, unless I have to. Am I missing something?  thanks!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to seaghan moriarty

Re: You do not have the permission to view discussions in this forum (Announcements in Course)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

And does the course have groups? And is the participant in a group? The role "participant" is not a standard role - have you renamed the student role to participant?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: You do not have the permission to view discussions in this forum (Announcements in Course)

by seaghan moriarty -

Thanks Mary!

- Yes, sorry I renamed the role sitewide from Student to Participant

- No roles at all (I had read your earlier post about tutor for group x not being respondable by people in group )

However, I cleared cache and re-logged in and when I did so, the problem seems now to be resolved. Sorry for false alarm, I should really "switch off, switch on again" before posting ;)

thanks!