Installing and upgrading help

Set up environment

Picture of Donal O'keeffe
Set up environment

Hi there,

I'm new to the moodle community so apologies if this is being posted in the wrong place.

I am studying Computer Science and Software Engineering in University at the moment and as my final year project I would like to develop a Moodle plugin which improves the overall process of student/teacher feedback.

Unfortunately I am unable to develop this plug-in for the existing moodle that the university uses, therefore I need to set up my own moodle and then develop my plugin for that moodle.

I saw that there is a lot of documentation for this on the site already , however I'm not sure exactly which set up guides to look for.

Basically, I need to set up my own moodle and then develop the plugin for that. So if there was a guide that I could follow start to finish on setting up a moodle environment it would be much appreciated.

P.S. I have a Mac - the documentation refers a lot to windows machines.

Many thanks in advance,

Donal

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Set up environment
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hello. Have you looked at the Downloads link in the black bar above? On the page for the latest releases it gives a link to the Moodle installer package for MAC users.

Picture of Donal O'keeffe
Re: Set up environment

Thank you for getting back to me.

I found somebody on youtube who goes through all steps of environment set up here :