List of moodle schools

List of moodle schools

by Roberto Catanuto -
Number of replies: 11

Moodle 3.1

Good morning, I'd like to connect with k12 schools using moodle for some goals we consider very specific for young students in high school (gradebook for example). 

Is there any specific forum or list on the web you know for that?

Thank you very much!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roberto Catanuto

Re: List of moodle schools

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Roberto. I don't know of any specific lists globally of K12 schools, other than finding your country in the list of registered sites here and contacting the relevant Moodle admins. Depending on the language(s) used at your school, you could also try the French/German/Italian forums to connect with people over there.

Of course, as well as that, please do feel free to ask on here, where there are some people with K12 experience. (I myself used Moodle in a high school for a long time. We found the gradebook tricky.)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Roberto Catanuto -

Hello Mary, thanks so much.

I'll go through the list and try to connect to relevant admins there.

I'd like to post a question here but I've already posted it a few days ago in the "Gradebook" forum, so I don't know if I'm allowed to post it again here?

Let me know.

Have a nice day.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

University/HE based now, but nearly 20 years teaching in KS2 (Junior/Primary schools in UK) and working with Moodle for the latter part of that time smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Roberto,

We are a K-12 school district in Dearborn, MI.  We are probably one of the largest school districts in Michigan actively using Moodle.  We do quite a bit of work to streamline things for our teachers.

Happy to help,

Chris Kenniburg

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Roberto Catanuto -

Hi Chris, thanks for your help. 

As Mary said, my problem is detailed in this post: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=359030#p1447960

Just to avoid cross-posting smile

If you could read it and post there what your idea is about it, it'd be invaluable!

Maybe you've already come across this situation?

Thank you very much.

by Chris Kenniburg -

We've not encountered this issue or are not intending use of Moodle in this fashion.  

Sounds like you want  a breakdown of grades from within a single course?

by Roberto Catanuto -

Yes, we want a breakdown of the general grade, down to the level of every single quiz or assignment to be visible to each student.

by Chris Kenniburg -

We do that in the SIS where we export Moodle Grades using a plugin.  All official grades go into the student system.  

The student(and parent) would go to the student information system to see the grade overview, missing assignments, etc. 

by Roberto Catanuto -

Thanks Chris. What do you mean by SIS?

The final file is like an excel spreadsheet or something?

by Chris Kenniburg -

SIS = Student Information System.

It is how we track all kinds of things for students. Grades, report cards, attendance, lunch money, etc.  Students and parents can login and view all their information.  

We have a plugin that maps grades in Moodle to our SIS (MIStar here in Michigan).  Teachers setup the mapping between moodle activities and mistar gradebook items.  Then they click "Export" and moodle shoots the grades over to mistar where parents and students can see the official grade that will be reported.