Uploading Moodle Content to Server

Uploading Moodle Content to Server

by Mewael Ghebreslassie -
Number of replies: 6

What would be some of the best ways foruploading a Moodle content from local host to a server. Where can I get information on how to accomplish this? I have downloaded the latest version of Moodle for windows and have designed the features locally, on my computer. I have had experiences with it as an LMS admin, using the plugins etc, but not on the back-end configuration of it. Any assistance please?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mewael Ghebreslassie

Re: Uploading Moodle Content to Server

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

There are probably many ways to do this, and your post might generate a number of methods.

I would make sure that my server has the same installation of Moodle that I am running on my localhost.  Make sure to match plugins, too, if you have added some to your localhost. I would do it something like this:

1) Make a backup of your localhost database, and your moodledata folder.  Move these to your server.

2) On your server moodle, delete all of the tables.  Restore your localhost sql database to your server.

3) On your server moodle, delete the moodledata folder.  Then unzip you localhost moodledata folder making sure it is named exactly like your moodledata folder that you just deleted.

Well, that's it.  Log into your server moodle... it might want to update itself.

This gets more complex if your server moodle does not exactly match your localhost moodle.  For example, if your localhost is linux, and your server is windows, you might have a lot more work to go through.

In reply to Mewael Ghebreslassie

by Shreya Pandey -

Hello,

I and one of my friend are planning on creating an online platform for bringing Offline coaching classes online, somewhat similar to https://neostencil.com/.

Can anyone help me how can moodle help me with this? I have been reading about moodle for some time but not exactly sure how to go about this.

In reply to Shreya Pandey

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

That is a very vague question for a forum.  Yes, Moodle can help.  If you want to know how, please ask specific questions..

In reply to Shreya Pandey

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Consider exploring Moodle-based demo websites.  Also consider getting yourself a free MoodleCloud account so that you can begin exploring on your own.

If you really want to have exactly what neostencil has, ask them what they are using.

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Shreya Pandey -

I tried reaching out to them, but that did not help much.